The Y is proud to announce a partnership with the National MS Society, New Jersey metro area by offering a free, customized wellness program for those with multiple sclerosis. The One Step program is a 7-week wellness course designed for adults who have been medically diagnosed with MS.
The program aims to provide attendees with a comfortable and accessible environment to encourage empowerment through therapeutic exercises.
The One Step program goals include:
- Improve and maintain function
- Provide education that promotes good health
- Encourage exercise that improves conditioning while reducing fatigue
- Improve balance and strengthen mobility
- Utilize weight-bearing exercises to recondition muscles and build overall strength
- Increase self-esteem and alleviate depression through facilitated support conversations
Program begins April 24 through June 4 on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:00-3:00 p.m. at the Y. Non-members welcome for this introductory course!
For more information, contact Darlene Kievit